Gifford Lectures at the University of GlasgowThe Gifford Lectures, established under the will of Adam Lord Gifford (1820-1887), are to 'promote and diffuse the study of Natural Theology in the widest sense of the term—in other words, the knowledge of God.' These lectures are sponsored by the universities of Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and St. Andrews. Since the first lecture in 1888, these lectures are held annually at the sponsoring universities.
7-10 June 2010: Gianni Vattimo
The End of Reality
- Monday, 7 June - 'Tarski and the quotation marks of His principle'
- Tuesday, 8 June - 'Beyond Phenomenology'
- Wednesday, 9 June - 'Being and Event'
- Thursday, 10 June - 'The Ethical Dissolution of Reality'
- Followed by drinks reception
Western Infirmary Lecture Theatre (WILT), off University Place, Glasgow